One of my favorite things about fall is all of the amazing flavors – pumpkin, turkey, ham, sweet potatoes, roast beef, apples and any recipe that has crockpot in the title. I can’t wait to pull my crockpot out!
On the flip side, my little one can’t enjoy all of the same fall flavors I do because she’s still learning to chew solid food. There’s no way I can give Sadee small pieces of turkey, ham or roast beef quite yet, but I would love for her to experience the same savory fall tastes that I love and enjoy.
Gerber 3rd Foods Lil’ Bits provide Sadee with a puree consistency she can handle, but also introduces her to small pieces of soft, solid food. I love it because it’s teaching her how to chew and progress into real, solid table food. It’s only a matter of time before she’ll be eating everything we eat right from our table.
Crockpot roast beef is a favorite fall dish of mine and one that I make at least 3-4 times during the fall season. I wanted to see how well Sadee would like some of these same flavors, so I made time to try a quick mashed sweet potato recipe for her and topped it with Gerber 3rd Foods Lil’ Bits Garden Vegetable & Beef Dinner. It gives her a little taste of the sweet and savory flavors of fall, but in consistencies she’s able to handle at her age.
- 3 small sweet potatoes (peeled and cubed)
- ½ cup milk
- 2 Tbsp maple syrup
- 1, 5 oz. container of Gerber 3rd Food Lil' Bits Garden Vegetable & Beef Dinner
- Boil the sweet potatoes for 20 minutes, until tender.
- Drain the sweet potatoes and return them to the pot.
- Mash the sweet potatoes, and mix in the milk and maple syrup.
- Place desired amount sweet potatoes in a bowl.
- Top with desired amount of Gerber 3rd Foods Lil' Bits Garden Vegetable & Beef Dinner.
- Let sweet potatoes cool before serving.
I’m happy to say, it was a big hit and Sadee loved it! She had no problem eating the small, solid pieces of carrots in the Gerber 3rd Foods Lil’ Bits Garden Vegetable & Beef Dinner, while the rest of the dish was a puree consistency. I think she really enjoyed having a little taste of both the sweet and savory sides of fall dishes because up until now her meals have been pretty one-sided – either sweet or savory.