The holiday season is among us and flying by, might I add. We’re accomplishing and marking off one family holiday tradition right after another. But one that doesn’t take place until Christmas Eve, is our tradition of family movie night.
Every Christmas Eve, right before the kids go to bed and Santa gets to do his thing, we gather in front of the TV as a family and choose a movie to watch. This year, we’re taking that tradition to the next level and instead of watching a movie at home, we’re heading to the theaters.
Why the change, you ask? Because we are just way too excited to see the new movie, SING© which hits theaters on December 21st. Since it’s a new release, we won’t be able to watch it at home so movie theaters, here we come!
We’re a family who loves singing and dancing, and music in general. That’s what makes the SING© movie the perfect choice for this particular family holiday tradition of ours.
To prepare ourselves for the movie, we’re enjoying some family fun time beforehand by belting out some high notes into our Holiday Honeycomb® Micro”cones.” You see, the SING© movie is about 5 animals with different backgrounds and in different stages of their lives, entering a singing competition. And every singer needs a microphone, right? Well, in our case, a micro”cone.”
Before we could make our Holiday Honeycomb® Micro”cones,” we had to go to Target to get everything we’d need, including the key ingredient, Honeycombs®. My son spotted the bright yellow box almost immediately, as it was easily accessible to him on the bottom shelf and surrounded by other Post Cereal brands.
As soon as we got home, we got to work!
- 12 ice cream cones
- ½ box Honeycomb® cereal
- ½ bag salted pretzels
- ½ package holiday M&Ms
- 1 package white chocolate chips
- 1 package small marshmallows
- Red and green food coloring
- Crush a handful of pretzels in a ziploc bag and a handful of Honeycombs® in another.
- Place a handful of marshmallows and handful of white chocolate chips into a microwave-safe bowl and microwave for 20-30 seconds (just enough to slightly melt them).
- Mix a few drops of food coloring into the melted marshmallows and white chocolate chips.
- Add the crushed pretzels and Honeycombs® to the mixture.
- Spoon the mixture into an ice cream cone, forming a ball-like shape.
- Let cool/harden for a few minutes in the refrigerator.
- Grab a Holiday Honeycomb® Micro"cone" and let those notes out! After your performance, enjoy your eatable microphone.
Here’s a little glimpse into the fun we’ve been having singing into our Holiday Honeycomb® Micro”cones.” My kids might look at me like I’m a little crazy, but it’s all in fun and something they’ll remember for years to come. And when they’re older, hopefully they’ll continue this family holiday tradition and maybe even enjoy the movie, SING© with their family.
As if this weren’t enough fun and excitement, you have the chance to see the SING© movie for free! By purchasing participating Post Brand Cereals and entering the SING© Movie Sweepstakes*, you can instantly win prizes like movie tickets (which you can use to see SING©, of course), speakers and so much more. And did I mention there’s a grand prize worth $100,000?!